Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Undergraduate Online Application 2023/2024
SMU Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now:
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. For instance, specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Click here to read the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU scheduled for the 2023/2024 academic year…
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes:
- First-time Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU applicants.
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization.
- Students completing a higher certificate or any other program and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
Application Requirements – The selection Process
What does the selection process entail?
The University received more than 44000 applications for approximately1000 available places. As a result, meeting admission requirements does not guarantee an applicant automatic admission.
All applications will go through a rigorous and competitive selection process and offers will be based on merit and available spaces as indicated below:
a. The pre-selection and admission of first time entering applicants is highly competitive and is conducted in October by the Selection and Admission Committee of each School.
b. Applicants are informed about the outcome of the pre selection through email in November 2023.
c. Applicants may also check the status of their applications on the SMU website, on the link: https://lifestudent.smu.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login (using student number and pin).
d. The final selection and admission which is highly competitive, will take place in January 2023 after the release of Grade 12 results.
e. The selection and admission of applicants who are currently studying at SMU and other South African universities will take place in January 2023.
f. There is a strong competition for the limited number of places available and attainment of the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee automatic admission.
g. Successful applicants will be given three (3) days to accept or decline the offer.
h. There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
i. Applicants should use their student numbers in correspondence with the University.
Undergraduate Online Application at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU 2023
The Office of Admissions is here to help prospective students navigate the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU online application and admissions process.
How to Apply?
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via https://www.smu.ac.za/en/students/apply/ to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Fill in the form with all necessary documentation (Latest Academic Results) that is required of you to support your application. Certified copy of guardian\parent ID , Proof of residence, and Student certified ID.
- Remember you will need email address when filling the form, It is, therefore, advisable to create an email address if you don’t have one. Also, remember to provide a valid cell Phone number when filling the forms because the school will text you if you are given admission.
- A full application submitted entirely must include the certified copy of your ID and a certified copy of your latest school results as stated above.
All applicants are advised to please not send cash through the mail or leave documents and cash with any unauthorized persons
- Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. The admission requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program or course at the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU.
- Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the required fees. Click here to learn all about Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU fees such as application fee, admission fee, tuition, and scholarships for Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU Programs.
- All applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA
- An application form obtainable from home affairs,
- A valid passport (for a year or more),
- Admission letter from the University,
- A letter from the institution in support of your study visa (International office),
- Bank statement – Copy of passport or I.D of parent or guardian responsible for the financial support and a supporting letter,
- A study visa fee of R425-00,
- Proof of medical aid cover confirming that you will be covered while in SA. Medical reports (including Radiology & Pathology).
- A police clearance certificate from your country of origin,
- Repatriation fee of R585-00,
- Copy of yellow fever vaccination (If relevant),
- If applicant is under 21 years old, there should be a letter of consent from parent or guardian.
For more information on how to apply for a study permit, please visit http://www.southafrica.info/travel/documents/studypermits.htm.
If you have a study permit, remember to renew it 3 months before its expiration. If you neglect to do this, the State can impose heavy fines both on you and on the University.
The process of getting a study permit can take 4-8 weeks to process, hence it is advisable to make study visa applications as soon as possible.
2023 Online Application Closing date SMU
Applications to study at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University in 2023 are officially closed.
Applications for the 2024 academic year for all programmes open on 3 April 2023 and close as follows:
- Friday, 28 July 2023 for undergraduate programmes
- Friday, 29 September 2023 for postgraduate programmes
Closing Dates Notice to Students
Please note that, 3 April is the closing date for the following:
1. Cancellation of courses and/or modules.
2. Changing of courses and/or modules.
3. Application for exemption from attending a course or module.
4. Submission of applications for exemption from courses passed at other universities.
5. Application for interruption of studies for the 2023 academic year.
6. Submission of all combined reports from (internal & external) examiners for students eligible for the June graduation ceremony.
7. Late registration for all undergraduate and postgraduate students.
8. Confirmation to write May/June examinations by postgraduate students.
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU?To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU
For more information and enquiries, contact the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University SMU below: