Eastcape Midlands TVET College Admission Requirements 2023/2024
Eastcape Midlands TVET College Admission Requirements – Read full details of Eastcape Midlands TVET College Entry Requirements for 2023 academic year and Apply:
Your journey to Eastcape Midlands TVET College starts here. The future belongs to those with the curiosity and determination to shape it for the better. At Eastcape Midlands TVET College, you can be one of them.
We are here to help make each step towards becoming a Eastcape Midlands TVET College student a smooth experience.
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors, including specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses.
Please review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission.
Admission Requirements at Eastcape Midlands TVET College 2023/2024
The following requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program at the Eastcape Midlands TVET College. Depending upon what type of applicant you are, you may also have to meet additional requirements. The minimum requirements for Eastcape Midlands TVET College admission are outlined below:
CERTIFICATE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
Minimum Requirements for diploma Programs
- A minimum of 12 successfully passed subjects.
- A candidate must produce proof of 18 months (Business) / 24 months (Engineering) applicable experience in a relevant industry that has as its main function the practical execution of the programme applied for.
- Minimum of 2 instructional offerings on the N6 level must be relevant to the candidate’s vocation.
- The experiential training letter must be on an official original letterhead, signed by the manager and must bear company stamp.
- Specific dates (day, month, year) of commencement and ending of services regarding the candidate’s practical training must be indicated.
- The experiential training letter of candidates who obtain their practical experience at a TVET College must be signed by the Campus Manager.
Minimum Requirements for Certificate Programs
- An Engineering candidate may apply for a 3 (three) subject certificate through the campus where the candidate studied.
- If a 3 (three) subject certificate is issued for a level, no additional subjects can be added to the certificate at a later stage.
- DHET will only issue a statement of results for additional subjects.
- A year-
end school report for Gr 11 or Gr 12 certificate ; or
- A NQF Level 1 qualification ; or
- An approved bridging program designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2 ; or
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2
Gr.9 and Gr. 10 will be considered only in exceptional cases.
- Vocational subjects
50% per subject
- Fundamental subjects
40% for English 1st Additional Language
40% for Life Orientation
30% for Mathematics / Mathematical Literacy
- Fitting: Full N2 (with 4 subjects in the respective trade)
- Welding: Full N2 (with 4 subjects in the respective trade)
- Electrical: Full N2 (with 4 subjects in the respective trade)
- Motor Mechanic: Full N2 (with 4 subjects in the respective trade)
- End User Computing EUC (NQF L2): No entry qualifications
- International Computer Driving License (ICDL): Full N2 (with 4 subjects in the respective trade)
- Pastel Accounting: No entry qualifications
- Early Childhood Development: Grade 11 or Equivalent
- Welding Skills Programme: Grade 10 or equivalent
INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED BOOKKEEPERS (ICB)
- National Certificate: Junior Bookkeeping (NQF L3) – Grade 10 or equivalent(No younger than 16)
- TVET Certificate: Senior Bookkeeping (NQF L4) : Grade 11 or equivalent, assessed as competent in previous areas 1-4 or a Qualified Certified Junior Bookkeeping.
- Certificate Junior Office Administration (NQF L5) – Grade 12 or equivalent, No younger than 16
- Higher Certificate: Senior Office Administration (NQF L5) – Certificate: Office Administration NQF Level 5
- Diploma: Certified Office Manager (NQF L6): Certificate: Office Administration NQF Level 5
Contact Address of Eastcape Midlands TVET College
For more information and enquiries concerning admission, contact the Eastcape Midlands TVET College at: